Flex Friday

10:07 AM Jackie Mart 0 Comments





I've been focusing more on being strong and not skinny. This past year I've gained probably 10 pounds. I'm not sure because I stopped weighing myself. The scale does not control me anymore. Each day I work on my mindset and some days are definitely harder than others. I don't weigh 103 pounds anymore like in the other two photos. I was skinny then but wasn't happy.


Gaining weight is a mind game. My clothes are tighter and when the whole world has been focusing on losing weight I've been needing to gain weight. One thing I want to mention is that our bodies naturally fluctuate 5-7 pounds on any given day based on food and water intake, bloating, inflammation, hormones and etc. My takeaway today is this: Throw out the scale! Perfectionism can destroy you-both mentally and physically. Forgive yourself daily!





Copyright, 2017, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutritionist and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.





You Might Also Like

0 comments: